One of the most important things you can do as a manager at a property using Zego is make sure that your residents are engaging with their community through the Zego resident app. In order to do this, they need to have an activated Zego account so that they can login!
Typically we will start automatically sending emails and texts to residents with their activation link as soon as they sign their lease so they can get their account setup before they move-in (or as soon as they move-in, depending on the management software your property is using). In some cases, residents do not receive these emails/texts from Zego because of one of the following reasons:
- They have a bad/fake email associated with their lease in the management software that Zego is syncing the user and unit data from (e.g., Yardi, Resman, Realpage, etc).
- They have no email or there is another resident with the same email. In order for Zego to be as secure as possible, we don't allow residents to share emails in our system (if they have a different phone number, though, we will send them texts only and they can activate their account that way instead).
- The emails are going straight to their junk/spam folder, or they have unsubscribed from the emails/texts.
Knowing the above, here are some of the ways you can improve the adoption rate at your property.
- Go through the users/units in your management system and make sure that every resident has an email and phone number. You can request a report from Zego Support for a CSV of all the users and units we have currently that are inactive.
- Resend resident their activation emails if they are unable to find their original email with their activation link.
- Make sure that your leasing staff is aware of all of the above so that they can get this info when the lease is signed.
Let us know if you need any help!