Events are a great way to engage with your community and show that you appreciate your residents. It can be tough to plan for these events and generate awareness within your community, though.
That's why we built and event management system into Zego. You can create, edit, and delete events from the Zego admin portal, and your residents can RSVP and live events in the Zego Resident App.
To create an event, follow these steps in the Zego admin portal:
- Using the nav menu on the left side of the screen, navigate to the Communication home page.
- Click "View" on the bottom of the Community Feed card.
- At the top of the Community Feed, click "Events" to toggle between viewing Posts and Events (the green line should be underneath "Events" once it has been toggled).
- At the top of the list you'll see a filter for Upcoming and New events. Upcoming = the next three events on the calendar. New = any events created in the last 24 hours.
- Click the green "+" button in the top-right-hand corner to create a new event once you have selected the events filter.
- To create your event, you need to add a Title, Date with Start and End time, and a message to describe the event. You should also try to add a photo as well. The easiest way to add a photo is to search Google for a photo you like, right click on the photo -> Save Image As... -> Save the image to your Desktop or Downloads folder -> then either drag and drop the image or click "Browse Files" and select the photo you just saved.
- Once you have added al of the required information as well as a photo, click the green "Checkmark" button in the top-right-hand corner to save the event. Your residents will now be able to see the event in the Resident App where they can click "Attend" to RSVP or comment on the event.
- You should typically click "Attend" yourself so that residents can see that you are attending too!