There are many circumstances in which you need to send a message to every resident at your property. Whether it's construction, holiday hours, or something else, there are always time you need to contact everyone to notify them of something.
This is easy to accomplish using Group Messaging in Zego. You can create one-off messages as well as recurring event or time-based messages that are automated.
This article explains how you would send an email or text to all of the residents of your property.
- Using the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen, navigate to the Communication tab.
- Select "View" on the bottom of the Group Messaging card.
- From the Group Messaging home page, select "Create New" to the left of the search bar.
Now you are in the message creation screen. From this screen you can select:
- How your residents will be contacted. 1). Chat 2). Email 3). Text resident doesn't have a specific contact method, we will attempt to contact them using another method (By default we select "Preferred" - this will contact the resident using their preferred method of contact).
- If they have not activated their Zego account, we will attempt to contact them via Email then Text if they don't have an email.
Creating your message:
- When you are sending a message, you need to create content for both an email AND text/chat version of your message. The text version is limited to 160 characters so that it will display better on a mobile device, and will not send multiple messages to residents (most carriers limit SMS content length to 160 characters).
- If you want to use an existing template, you can select one from the drop-down here. This will auto-populate your message content.
- If you are not using an existing template, you can create on by typing in the content areas. You can also embed dynamic content related to you, your property, or the message recipients by clicking the "[...]" icon in the top-right corner of the content area.
Sending your message:
- Once you have created the content for your message and selected your recipients, you are ready to send your message.
- You set a message delivery date for Now, a recurring time/date in the future, or based on specific events (e.g., resident birthdays).
- Once you select when you want the message sent, click "Select".
- When you are ready to send (or activate your automated future messages), click "Finished."