*Note: If your account is currently integrated with your property's management software (e.g., Yardi, Realpage, Resman, etc), then the resident will automatically be removed from the unit once their move-out date or lease-end date has passed. The lock codes will automatically be changed and the unit will switch to "vacant" status as well.
If someone moves out of an apartment, you need to make sure that they no longer have access to that unit. You can do this by simply deleting the user from Zego. Our system will automatically change the lock codes and email/text them to any remaining residents, if needed.
To delete a user from Zego, do the following.
From the UNIT home page:
- From the property homepage, search for the unit name the resident was associated with (e.g., "2M" or "345", etc).
- Once you have found the unit, click the "Go" button to go to the unit page.
4. On the unit page, click the "Resident" drop-down on the left-side of the screen in the "Authorized Users" section.
5.With the Resident drop-down open, click the yellow "Edit" button.
6.You should now see a yellow "x" next to the resident's name. Click the "x" to delete the user. You will be prompted on another screen to confirm you would like to delete the user.
7.After you have deleted the user, click the yellow "save" button where the "edit" button used to be in the top right corner of the unit page.
From the property home page, open the nav menu on the right side of the screen by clicking the teal drawer button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the name of your property to open the property drop-down menu. Select "Users".
- From the users page, search for the name or email of the user you would like to delete.
- Once you have found the user, click the yellow "edit" button in the top-right corner of the screen. You should now see a yellow "x" to the left of the user's name.
- Click the "x". You will be prompted to confirm that you would like to delete the user.
- After you have deleted the user, click the "save" button in the top-right corner of the screen (where the edit button used to be).
- The user should no longer be visible. Refresh the page and search for the user again to make sure that the user has been deleted successfully.
- The lock codes for the unit the user was associated with will automatically be changed, and the new codes will be texted and emailed to any remaining residents (if there are any).
If after refreshing the page several times, the user is still visible on the unit or users page, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via chat by clicking the chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of the web/mobile app.