Sometimes a lock will have the status, "unknown" if the lock was not installed correctly or the hub has gone offline at any point for an extended period of time (e.g., if a resident unplugs the hub, the power cord falls out of the wall, etc).
To reconnect the lock, try the following steps. Some times it can take 2-3 attempts of all of the following steps for the lock to be successfully excluded and then included (setup) to the hub again:
- Sign into the Zego Admin Mobile App. If you don't have it already, it can be downloaded from the iOS/Android app stores.
- Login with your maintenance/setup/property manager login (the same email/password will work for the Zego Admin app, new.zego.io, and my.zego.io).
- Once you have logged into the Admin app, search for the unit that has the malfunctioning lock.
- Swipe to the right until you see the devices connected to that unit. You should see the lock there. Confirm that the lock is not responding to commands by attempting to set/remove a lock code or lock/unlock the lock.
- If the lock is not responding, it needs to be removed and then reconnected.
- Swipe to the right to the Hub screen. Here you can see some details about the hub and some commands that can be sent to the hub.
- Go to the lock and follow the device instructions for that specific lock make/model.
- Once you have entered exclusion mode on the lock, press the "Exclude" button in the Admin app.
- Close the Admin app, reopen, then go back to the unit's device list. If the lock is no longer there, you have successfully excluded the device.
- Now you need to setup the lock again with this hub. To do that, click the Green plus button in the bottom-right corner of the Device list screen. Select the appropriate make/model of the lock being setup and follow the instructions in the app to setup the device.
If you are still unable to reconnect the lock after attempting the above, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us here.